Well girls - ALL you girls - who played along with the first BIG Just Us Girls challenge, I am blown away by the number of participants we had this week, AND 96 followers, too! You girls totally rocked our little blog!!!
Ok - It's time to announce this week's blog candy winner - (this is the easy part) - drumroll...... our lucky winner - according to Random.org is #38 . That number (on Mr. Linky) belongs to Rosemary D!! Congratulations, Rosemary. You have won a $25 gift certificate to EITHER Gina K Designs or PaperTrey Ink. Please email your choice along with your name, real address and email to justusgirlschallenge AT gmail.com (A clickable JUGS email address is not posted here to prevent web bots from getting it then spamming our account but just use @ where it says at and use NO spaces.)
Chic of the Week - last week we had about ten entries to choose from and that was really hard - well, this week we had 78 entries (by the posted deadline) so the job is ALMOST impossible. You are ALL winners in my book and I wish I could recognize each and every one of you who played along. The cards that were made to support breast cancer were amazing (I hope they will get sent to someone who needs them). Many of you took up the option to add pink so I've been tickled pink all week *grin*. After a couple of sleepless nights and countless trips through the gallery over and over, I finally selected this creation by Broni. Her sassy AddyTude just totally captured my attention - she reminds me of me *grin* and I couldn't pick a better sentiment - I wish more of our young girls felt this way today. Broni's coloring is divine and the paper she picked for piecing is just crazy, fresh and fun! Congratulations, Broni. I will send you your Chic of the Week badge right away. We hope you will "Wear it Proudly."
Meanwhile I want to recognize these entries as a few additional eye catchers this week... Way to rock the challenge!
• Jennie - The trees look fabulous with this fun paper and using the white Flower Soft for the snow was just a wonderful idea. (It's ironic that this is one of the few without pink! LOL!)
• Wendy The sleeve on this dress just looks SO life like I have to keep looking to see if it's fabric or paper. Add to it an adorable layout and paper pieced coffee cup and background and it's a real LOOKER!
• Lee I love the way Lee was able to combine two totally different designer papers on the jacket AND the background and pull it off for a totally FUN look. The bling for buttons on this letter jacket made me smile.
• Julie-Ann I love these non-traditional colored stockings and the simple yet striking layout.
• Theresa I liked the non-traditional approach to paper piecing in this one - with the piecing being behind the focal image but with Theresa's amazing coloring what's NOT to like?!? The whole scene just glows and I think I can smell the smoke from that wood fire.
Remember, Saturday morning Just Us Girls will bring you a whole new Color Challenge. Hope to see you all back on the blog! Thank you for all the support this week.