Saturday, January 30, 2010

Just Us Girls Challenge #18 - Wildcard - MAKE A PENNANT BANNER :-)

Hello everyone! It's time for another challenge with Just Us Girls! This week is a wildcard challenge... as such I challenge all of you to make a pennant banner with an optional bonus challenge of a love theme for your banner. (The "love" theme is optional but the banner is not).

Banners have been popping up all over the place! They show up as home dec, in miniature on cards and scrapbook layouts, made of paper, fabric and anything else you can string along a line of ribbon, etc. The pennant part of your banner can be any shape whatsoever and each pennant may be a symmetrical match of its partners or treated as it's very own canvas. A little something for everyone right? So come on and show us your best banners! There is a wonderful tutorial on how to make these on the SCS web site. You can find it here.

Ready for some inspiration from Just Us Girls? I want to also take a moment to thank our January Guest Designer, the fabulous Gabby Arriaza! This is her final guest spot with us and we want to send her HUGE hugs and thanks for creating with us this month. She is an inspiration to us all! Gabby is dealing with some huge life challenges and all of the Just Us Girls design team want to send her our thoughts and prayers for strength.





Running late today :[





How to Play: Upload your project using this week's challenge to your online blog or public photo gallery. Leave a link that goes directly to your project in the Mr. Linky form at the bottom of this post. If you upload to an online gallery, please use keyword or tag, JUGS18.

Deadline to be considered for "Chic of the Week" will be 9:00 PM EST on Thursday, February 4th. Our "Chic of the Week" will be announced on Friday morning following the deadline. (You may still post to the Mr. Linky after the deadline, but your project won't be eligible for the "Chic of the Week" spot.)

Can't wait to see what you create this week with Just Us Girls!

5 comments:

Debbie said...

Oooohhhhh ... this is RIGHT up my alley! I love 3-D projects. This was SOOOOO much fun to make and I love how it came out! Although it has a family theme as opposed to a 'love' theme, it was designed and created with a lot of love, so I hope that counts :)

ENJOY and thanks for the chance, once again, to play along. I just LOVE these challenges!!!!!

Unknown said...

What a great challenge, Dana! All of your projects are a GREAT inspiration!!!

Vannessa said...

I completely copied Jovita's idea to do a mini one on a card, but it was such a great idea how could I not?!

Anne said...

I love all the neat pennant ideas! I'm not usually one for noncard items, but you all inspired me. Thanks!

papertrails leaver said...

I know I am completely late with my pennant but it was a fun challenge and I appreciate the incentive you gave me! Thanks!

Our Visitors