Friday, January 1, 2010

Chic of the Week #13!

Hello everyone!  Happy New Year!  2010, baby!  May it bring you much joy and prosperity...and more creative challenges with Just Us Girls!  I know I speak for all the Girls here at this blog when I say that we just LOVE having you play with us every week. 

So are you wondering who is Chic of the Week after our template challenge?  Well, without further delay...........................................

DRUMROLL PLEASE!!!!


This GORGEOUS pillow box belongs to Pattie of Pattie's Creations!  I loved the trendy metallics she subtly used in the flowers and ribbons along with the tres chic feathers (pull out your feather boas ladies!) and that sumptious velvet paper...oh my!  If I had a little black dress that looked as good as this pillow box, I would for sure be wearing it to a party!  Congrats Patti on being our Chic of the Week.  Email me at paperdaydream at aol dot com so I can get you your challenge winner badge.

I also wanted to direct you to more fab projects that caught my eye this week....

Rosemary D is buzzing by with the cutest card box.  The girl KNOWS how to work those detail scissors, check out her paperpiecing!

Sarah repurposed a butter carton into a fabulous gift box with a window.

Laurel made a trendy tote with paper ruffles and houndstooth paper

Sue broke down the template walls by trying her first one for our challenge...it's a treat on the outside with a surprise inside.  ALso check her cool use of a photo with a template here

Carla and Bronwyn made absolute top notch confections with Kelleigh's cupcake template

Bethie J used the deck of cards template to fashion an adorable valentine's treat holder

and Deb made a whole VILLAGE!  Seriously, a village, check it out!

EDITED to add:  also, big applause to Debbie who made a wonderful winter house!
And one final bit of business is a HUGE thank you to Kelleigh Ratzlaff who sponsored this challenge.  She generously shared her templates with the design team, a 40% coupon with ALL participants (email me at paperdaydream at aol dot com if you still need yours) and has provided the GRAND PRIZE of a $15 gift certificate to her wonderful store.  The winner could be you!  Let's get to it, shall we?

The winner is...........

participant number 18, Bethie J!

Congratulations!  Have fun shopping with Kelleigh! and we hope to see all of you back here tomorrow for a fabulous sketch challenge led by the lovely Lisa Kind! 


6 comments:

Mara Campbell said...

Congrats to all the winners!!!! Beautiful work this week, I loved all your creations!

Lisa Kind said...

Congratulations to all the girls! All the entries were just fabulous and fun to see! Thanks for playing along and we hope to see you at JUGs14 for my sketch challenge!

Deb Neerman said...

Congrats to the winners!

Rosemary said...

Congrats to the winners! Thanks for the mention, Dana!!

BethieJ said...

Thanks so much! I cant even believe my number was picked!! I LOVED everyones goodies.. and cant wait to get MORE templates! Thanks to Kelleigh for her generous gift!
Happy New Year JUGS girls!!!

Debbie said...

Such BEAUTIFUL work from all! Congrats to thw lucky winner! Thank you so very much for the honorable mention for my Wintery Victorian House!!

Our Visitors