Friday, March 5, 2010

Chic of the Week #22

To ALL the girls who played along with this week's Just Us Girls Template Challenge, I say thank you, merci, danke, gracias! It means so much to all of "Us Girls" that you come - and you play! We hope that means that you are having fun and that you are inspired!!! I was deeeeelighted with all the entries this week. I'm sure you know that I have a personal affinity for packaging templates and I loved all the ideas you brought to us this week. Bet you didn't know that you also inspire US!

NOW for the fun part - this week's Chic of the Week! There were SO many creative and fun entries - it's always hard to pick just one.  That's the part of the hostess' job that's hard, hard, hard! After much deliberation over the entries I finally decided on this template by Jo - The Crafty Nomad! Here's her project.

I just loved the sweet images and her color palette. I was tickled with her use of the free Cutesy Cover template and adjusting the size to meet her needs - that's what it's all about girls! I think I was also drawn to this project because of it's clean and simple style. I strive to create CAS projects and usually fail miserably *LOL*. So congrats to Jo - please contact us for your Chic of the Week badge - we hope you will "wear it" proudly on your blog.

WINNER - we have a WINNER - remember - Lauren has offered a free template to one randomly picked winner from this week's eligible entries and that winner is Laurel Beard (#1)!

Congratulations, Laurel.  Please contact us via the email link on our JUGS blog and let us know how to get a hold of you. I will need info from you to get your template to you!

Now, I want to give KUDOS and PROPS to the following entries as well. Each of these entries had something that just really caught my eye and tickled my fancy so thanks girls and congrats to you as well.  These are listed alphabetically:

Julia  - now what woman doesn't love purses and shoes? And did you see how she created Patent Leather?? Way Cool!

Lori - These sweet baby gifts and "cupcake socks" all packaged up with a personalized little hooded towel are just adorable.

Monique - I was smitten with the cute owl critters that are all dressed up for St. Patrick's Day.  The little rhinestone "earrings" on the Mrs. is a clever idea.

Rhonda - actually had two adorable entries this week but my favorite was this cake topper. I thought this was SO versatile and could be used so many ways.

Way to go girls. Again - big thanks to ALL of you who participated. Just Us Girls is just busting out with BIG smiles that we have such a dedicated group of players - you surely keep us on OUR toes and we hope we give you something new to try.

Hugs n Smiles - See you Saturday for a brand new sketch challenge!

4 comments:

Jo said...

Oh my goodness!! Thank you so much!

AKiteFlier said...

Congratulations to JO, all of our honorable mentions AND our winner of the free template, Laurel. Just Us Girls is so happy to have you all playing along.

Laura said...

Wow, Jo, congratulations! So pretty!

Lisa Kind said...

Congrats, girls! We had so many lovely entries! Enjoy your badge, Jo, and your template, Laurel!

Our Visitors