Saturday, January 9, 2010

Just Us Girls #15 - A Technique Challenge


Hi Everyone! Well, I must say last week's sketch challenge was extremely popular! What a great way to start the New Year! I hope we can continue the enthusiasm with this week's Technique Challenge which is to Add Stitching to your project! So dust off your sewing machine if you own one, pull out your paper piercer & marker or a good old fashioned needle & thread & show us what you can do!
For an awesome resource, we have provided a link to a great Faux stitching tutorial on SCS: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/resources/tutorials/faux_stitching/

We continue to welcome this month's Guest Designer is Gabby Arriaza!

And now, "Just Us Girls" presents a little inspiration to get you started!










Lisa


Kristin






Gabby Arriaza - Our January Guest Designer ♥



How to Play: Upload your project using this week's challenge to your online blog or public photo gallery. Leave a link that goes directly to your project in the Mr. Linky form at the bottom of this post. If you upload to an online gallery, please use keyword or tag, JUGS15. After you post to Mr. Linky, please also leave us a comment here. We ♥ hearing what you think of our challenges!

Deadline to be considered for "Chic of the Week" will be 9:00 PM EST on Thursday, January 14th. Our "Chic of the Week" will be announced on Friday morning following the deadline. (You may still post to the Mr. Linky after the deadline, but your project won't be eligible for the "Chic of the Week" spot.)

Can't wait to see what you create this week with Just Us Girls!


21 comments:

Mona Pendleton said...

Awe Girls! I am so very proud of all of you for stitching along with my crazy technique :) I can't wait to see what all the players create!

Anonymous said...

Thank you! Your blog post will be advertised on the DigiFree Scrapbooking Challenges & Competitions search engine today (look for timestamp: 09 Jan [LA 03:41am, NY 06:41am, UK 11:41am, OZ 10:41pm] ).

Lisa Kind said...

Wow, girls! They all look amazing! Thanks, Mona, for a great challenge!

Rosemary said...

Wow,great projects from everyone! Have to get out the needle & thread since I don't have a sewing machine (wah!!)! Fun challenge!

Carol L said...

Thanks for urging me to get "the beast" out and sew a little bit today :) I had fun with this challenge and your samples are all incredible!!!

AKiteFlier said...

Great job girlies! I LOVE what y'all did with the needle and thread. I PROMISE I will get out my Janome SOON and do some "real" sewing but I'm loving all the samples - off to visit your blogs later today. Thanks Mona for a WONDERFUL challenge - I expect we'll have LOTS of entries since sewing on cards is pretty popular nowadays. :-)

Dana White said...

Perfect I am suddenly addicted to sewing - can't wait to play along!

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Oh what a lovely line up this week!! Thank you for the challenge, I love stitching on cards! (a tad tricky though when one does not have a sewing machine lol)

Annette Bowes said...

Happy New Year Girls, wonderful creations by you all, so enjoyed having a go at this challenge first time I have machine stitched a card, lots quicker than hand stitching LOL! Take careX:)

Bananastamper said...

I am happy to play for the first time! Great challenge!
Shanna :)

Tammy Hershberger said...

Wow, you girls are rockin' the challenges! Look at all those links! Awesome samples! I'm glad to have finally had time to play along again!

Carla S. said...

Great challenge, Mona! It prompted me to get out that Janome Sew Mini I just HAD to have! All of the DT samples are amazing! Thanks for the inspiration, ladies!

Amy (aka Aimitup) said...

Hi - thanks for the great challenge. This is my first time playing along. I did a collage with stitching - hoping that will qualify. Hope to play along next time!

Fonda @Southern Scraps said...

Awesome design team cards and fun challenge.

farmhouse-story said...

this is my first time "playing"! thanks, mona-this stitching is fun and something i never think to do!

Barbara said...

Thanks for an easy one this week, girls :)

Tracey Mason's Studio said...

Thanks Mona for your sweet comments on my blog! It just 'sew' happens that I have a whole 'sewing' theme going this week! Check out my blog again today! www.tmasonstudio.blogspot.com
{hugs}
Tracey Mason

Sharon Wheet said...

Hi Ladies~
I was excited about making a card with stitching, but I had a little issue with my little sewing machine. So, I hand stitched french knots in the center of some of my stamped flowers. I'm not sure if french knots count as stitching, but I did use a needle and gold cord. Thank you for the challenges, and keep them coming!

1CardCreator said...

I loved this challenge, and by the looks of the number of entry's I am not alone! I've never tried this but it was lot's of fun! ~Diane

Beverly G said...

I really admire you girls for getting on the sewing machine,I haven't perfected sewing on my cards yet, so my stitching if faux.

KarmaCraft said...

I'm uploading after the prize was given out because I wanted to participate :) I used Mr. Linky. 127 people this week- wow!!! :)

Our Visitors