Saturday, November 14, 2009

Just Us Girls Week 7 - Technique Challenge!

If you are looking for our special charity challenge please Click Here.

Welcome to week 7 here at the Just Us Girls Challenge!  I'm excited to be hosting my first challenge this week, and I really hope you will all come and play along.

I thought long and hard about what I would give as a challenge, and I decided to go back to basics.  Dry Embossing.  Break out those brass stencils and your light box, your cuttlebug, folders and nesties, and show us what YOU can do!

I've added a twist to the challenge...you see, today is DANA'S BIRTHDAY!!!  So, although Dana was under the impression that today's challenge was with a twist of 'thanks' the REAL twist is to make your project for a Birthday!

Happy Birthday Dana - we wish you continued success and much happiness to last you all year! 

How to Play: You need to upload your project using this week's challenge to your online blog or public photo gallery.  Leave a link that goes directly to your project in the Mr. Linky form at the bottom of this post.  If you upload to online galleries, please also use the keyword or tag, JUGS7.  After you post to Mr. Linky, you can also leave a comment here.

Deadline to be considered for "Chic of the Week" will be 9:00 PM EST on Thursday, November 19th.  Our top pick "Chic of the Week" will be announced on Friday morning following the deadline.  (You may still post to the Mr. Linky after the deadline, you project just won't be considered for the "Chic of the Week" spot.)

And now "Just Us Girls" presents a little inspiration to get you started:






25 comments:

Lisa Kind said...

Happy Birthday Dana! Hope you enjoyed your surprise! Have a great day!

Great cards once again, girls! :-)

Kristin Eberline said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, sweetie!! Hope you have a wonderful day and are treated to many more suprises ;]

AKiteFlier said...

Happy Birthday Miss Dana - wishing you a day of joy, hugs, cake and time with family and friends. Enjoy being QUEEN for a day (ohhh LOL that was a TV show my grandma used to watch LOL)

Jacqui - Crafty Cardz - The Freebie Gatherers said...

Hope you have a great birthday! Some really beautiful cards there.. xx

Selma said...

Happy Birthday Dana. Have a wonderful day.

Lisa A. said...

Hope you have a great Birthday Dana!!!

Dana Gustafson said...

Oh you girls! You have made my morning! What absolutely amazing cards and you SURPRISED me. Just goes to show, you never know what the JUGs girls are up to! ;)

Vicki Dutcher said...

Thanks for another challenge. DT's you rocked em again this week! HB Dana!

STAMPING SAM said...

OOOPs! forgot to make it a birthday card, could be added to the inside!??!

Mona Pendleton said...

Happy Birthday Dana! I hope you really enjoyed your day to the fullest & every possible minute! So glad I could be a part of your special day :)

Paula said...

Happy Birthday to Dana

lovely work all x

Melissa Craig said...

Happy Birthday Dana!

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Happy Birthday Dana, hope you have a wonderful time!
Thank you for this awesome challenge ladies, dry embossing is one of my faves! (but it can be rather hard at times with no clever machines lol)
Your cards are awesome too!

Rosemary said...

Sorry I'm a day late, but Happy Birthday Dana!! Fabulous cards from the DT! You gals ROCK!!! I'm so happy I got my card done early this time!!!

Tammy L said...

What beautiful and inspiring samples! All you girls are so creative. I'm joining up from Mona's Cupcake site. Glad I did! Thank you all so much!

Annie said...

Happy Birthday, Dana!!
Oh my, DT made such awesome card! They are all beautiful.

Andrea M said...

Happy Birthday Dana!!!! Hope it was a great one :)

Unknown said...

Loved this challenge and I had so much foun with it.
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Fiona said...

Sorry girls, no time to participate this week but I just wanted to say that all your samples are gorgeous! Cheers!

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Thanks for giving me a reason to break out my old school brass stencils! Happy Birthday, Dana!

Theresa's Studio said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Theresa's Studio said...

Happy Birthday, Dana! Hope your day is filled with happiness.

~*Joni said...

Awesome challenge! I love dry embossing, the Cuttlebug surely has changed the world of crafting. Your DT is incredibly talented, I love all the samples and wonderful variety of seasons and holidays! This is my first time doing a challenge here, I will be sure to join in again!!

Elise said...

Hi, lovelies! Sorry I'm late, DOH! I'll get it right, one of these weeks! BEAUTIFUL DT work, btw! You guys did the EMBOSSING and the DANA GIRL, right! Congratulations, CHICK OF THE WEEK! WAhoo!

Inspired Butterfly said...

This is my first entry of any challenge ever! I just created a blog this past Sunday after being so inspired by all of you beautiful and talented women. During this week of Thanksgiving, I must say that I am grateful for my new online mentors and this amazing site! Happy Thanksgiving!

Our Visitors